MGC Feb 16 Jesus is Jesus, not how we define him




I just want to be clear here...it is great to "Think" on Jesus.  We have to!  However, the ego tends to creep in, and so we have to make sure that how "I" think of Jesus does not become the ONLY way of thinking of Jesus, and that "I" am right and "you" are wrong.

This applies across the board...I have experienced people who have made Jesus so sweet, that he is rendered powerless to instill change.  I have experienced people who have made Jesus so strict, that is  loses all compassion.

This applies to almost anything we humans do.  Salvation is to be free of the tyranny of our ego, so that we can be open to love; God's love and love of others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

19th Sunday. With just a little faith...

22nd Sunday Following the Messiah

2nd Advent - Finding our way in God's Love