Some fears...

I do not think I am alone in this, but I have fear for Wednesday and what could happen with the election, irregardless who wins or not.

I was reflecting upon that, and Jesus before Pilate and Herod came to mind.  These men thought that they had power over Jesus; clearly they did not.

Because they misunderstood "power".

"Power" comes from God and God alone, and power is all about the will, the desire to give of oneself for the good of others.  Power = Love.

No political entity could take that away from Jesus.

No political entity can take that away from any of us.  We may give it away, but Love cannot never be taken from us.  It comes from God.

So whether it is Trump or Clinton, it really doesn't matter.  They have no true power over me.

I will try my best with Jesus at my side, to remain hopeful.  I will strive for Love, and persevere in Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

19th Sunday. With just a little faith...

22nd Sunday Following the Messiah

2nd Advent - Finding our way in God's Love